Just as a famous saying goes: all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. It is obvious that people should have adequate rest in order to work hard yet some students especially those who are preparing for the college entrance examination are worried

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

A: Let me tell you what happened to my homework. B: OK, go ahead--what is the excuse THIS time? A: Actually, I did it, but then it got lost. B: Could you have gotten it done at another time? A: Yes, I could. B: You have never missed an assignment bef

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-大学生活

22 Preferring Different Work Styles GLOSSARY to work out to be successful; to be effective; to be the way people hope orexpected it would be * Ahmed tried to become a rock musician, but when that didnt work out, he wentback to school. work style the

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之商务英语

Types of People at Work Raul: Thanks for showing me around on my first day. Ursula: Its no problem. I want to give you the lay of the land and tell you about the people youll be working with. For instance, thats Julie over there. Shes really nice, bu

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 328 Dishonesty at Work GLOSSARY to cook the books to change written numbers illegally, especially financial information, so that they are no longer true* Pilar lost her job when the company found out that she had been cooking the books fo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 244 Critiquing Someones Work GLOSSARYto look over to quickly review something; to quickly read something to giveones opinion about it* Do you think youll have time this afternoon to look over this report before I giveit to the company pre

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

A work of art created by artificial intelligence (AI) has been sold by a major art seller for the first time. The print sold for an unexpectedly large amount of $432,500. The artwork was bought during an auction Thursday at Christies, an art house, i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Can you work under pressure? 你能在压力下工作吗? Definitely. 当然。 In my current position I face deadlines constantly. 在我目前的工作中,就经常要面对一些有期限的工作。 I try to start on each project early so tha

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

Do you have any actual work experience? 你有实际工作经验吗? Yes,I worked as an interpreter at international fairs. 是的,我曾在国际贸易展览会上担任口译员。 It was exciting to deal with business people from all over the

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

By Paula Wolfson President Bush has won a second four-year term in office.The Republican incumbent delivered his victory speech shortly after his Democratic Party opponent, John Kerry, conceded defeat

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

By Scott Bobb Huambo, Angola 24 July 2007 Princess Diana uses a remote switch to trigger the detonation of some explosive ordinance dug up by mine sweepers in Huambo, Angola, 15 Jan 1997 The world recently marked the 10th anniversary of the death of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

One Year On, Egypt's Revolutionaries See Work in Progress The millions who poured into Tahrir Square last year came from all walks of life: the poor, the middle class, Muslims and Christians. But the seeds of the uprising were largely planted by the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

The shoe is on the other foot To work hand in glove 美国的成语或俗语和其他语言一样同生活中的各个方面有关。有一些和食品有关,有的来自扑克牌游戏,还有的和

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

I got a call yesterday from Amy, a co-worker from the office. She and I work in the same department. We've had lunch at work a few times but I really didn't know her that well. I was really glad she called. Kevin: Hello. Amy: Hi, could I speak to Kev

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I got a call yesterday from Amy, a co-worker from the office. She and I work in the same department. We've had lunch at work a few times but I really didn't know her that well. I was really glad she called. Kevin: Jeff: What were you and Richard talk

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

英语幽默小短文 I work for 7up! 我可是在七喜公司工作呀 Four best friends met at the hospital since their wives were giving births to their babies. The nurse comes up to the first man and says, Congratulations, you got twins. The man

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

We Can Work It Out - Sweetbox I can't see why everybody has to fight 我不明白为什么每个人都必须奋斗。 Cause two wrongs don't make a right 因为两个错误并不能变成一个正确。 A fall in life is justified 生命中的坎坷是

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

She had planned what to do after graduation in the UK: two years work experience at a restaurant and a tour around Europe. 她早就做好了毕业后留在英国的计划:先在餐馆工作两年,然后环游欧洲。 But now her plans are up in

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Transforming Shanghai into a global innovation center will require global talent. The same can be said for many other Chinese cities looking to up their game and become more competitive in the global market. However, applying to live and work in the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

A:Excuse me for being late to work. B: Where have you been? A: My car broke down. B: That's too bad. Please try to fix it so that it doesn't happen again. A: Yes, I'll work on it. B: Thank you, have a seat. We are working on the new project A: Great!

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 雇佣-Employment